Today reminded me of a big family wedding. The courting started quite some time ago and began in a friendly and courteous way. Both sides wondering if the match was the right one, going back and forth on different issues. Then suddenly there were little signs – signs of compatibility, signs that indicated both sides felt they might be better together than apart. Then the realization that this was in fact a perfect match. The short amount of time to plan and execute the event was intense, multiple meetings, phone calls, e-mails, a lot needed to happen fast. All leading up to the big day – the announcement that Rand Realty and Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate had joined forces. A perfectly executed announcement and event that I will remember for a long time.
As I drove back to the office this afternoon, I began to feel the emotional void one feels when the event itself is over. I started thinking about the highlights, and there were many. I formulated a top 10 list in my mind – here are some of them:
- Greg Rand talking about the pursuit of happiness
- The loyalty Marsha Rand has built within her company – I have never seen anything like it
- The significance of the word Trust
- The wall of green that surrounded the stage
- A room filled to capacity with standing room only
- Joe Rand doing a cartwheel for the audience
- Applause, cheering, smiling, hugging, excitement
- Matt Rand holding the audience captive
- Green neck ties, green scarves
- The pride I felt for our entire team
There are many more. As our new marriage begins to grow, we have both the fond memories of today and the excitement and anticipation of what lies ahead.
(Photos from this outstanding day)