As a real estate agent, you need to harness the power of social media platforms to raise brand awareness. Popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram allow you to reach out to prospects and promote your services while also building & strengthening your image. Additional benefits of using social media to raise brand awareness is that you can:
- Develop strong and trustworthy relationships with clients
- Offer insights to your services
- Generate leads effortlessly
Here are some valuable tips to using social media to increase your brand awareness:
1. Excite Your Buyers
Every other real estate agent on social media is trying to attract buyers, so you need an edge to surpass their efforts. To do so, provide your audience (followers) with reasons to be excited. Offer deals, limited-time offers and promotions. By doing this, it will allow you to garner more business as it incentivizes people to come to you with their business. Also, don’t forget to post content that is relevant to your audience, including tips and daily inspiration.
2. Balance Your Content
Although you’re using social media as a platform to promote your real estate office, you need to think outside of the property when providing content. While you still want to promote your listings and services, it needs to be balanced with other engaging, entertaining and relative content. The content you should be providing should include:
- Sharing your success stories
- Posting articles about DIY projects
- Sharing pictures or videos that pertain to real estate
You want to balance the business content with relatable, shareable posts that engage your audience to keep them coming back for more. By posting a variety of content, you are ensuring that your audience will stick around. Sharing the same content day in and out will ultimately lead you to losing your audience day by day.
3. Focus on the Right Platforms
With so many different social media platforms available, it can seem difficult when choosing which ones are beneficial to you as a real estate agent. For starters, you will want to go with the most popular ones to increase your potential reach. This includes Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. From there you need to determine which of these platforms will benefit you the most:
- Facebook remains as the most used social media platform. You have 58% of all adults using this platform. It’s a great way to share your content with the large audience source.
- Twitter holds 19% of all adults on their site. Twitter is perfect to connect with your consumers quickly. You can send out multiple messages throughout the day to share with your audience.
- 23% of all adults online use LinkedIn; it is a social media site that geared towards business. This platform is ideal to let people know what your area of expertise is.
- Instagram is quickly on the rise and already has 21% of all adults using their platform. It allows you to connect with clients, promote your services and raise brand awareness in a fun and personalized way. This also allows you to increase your brand loyalty.
4. Get Involved and Interact
You can post all the content you want on your social media platforms, but you need to be genuinely involved and interacting with your audience to raise brand awareness. Answer questions and respond to private messages. Provoke your audience and create conversation. The more people that are involved on your page, the more it appears on other people’s feeds, which provides an excellent opportunity to generate leads. Be involved, and get others involved.
5. Pay for Advertising
Social media platforms offer affordable advertising, which can give you a boost in traffic to generate leads and raise brand awareness. You get to select the budget and make adjustments to the ads to have it reflect your products and services accordingly. Keep your sales pitch simple and personalized since that’s what social media is all about.
6. Host a Sweepstakes
As a real estate agent, you have probably thought about hosting a sweepstakes for your clients but are not sure how to go about it. You can do simple sweepstakes where you offer a highly sought after product (ie. a tablet) or you can team up with local businesses and take advantage of cross promotion, while also increasing brand awareness. Whether it’s free tickets to a concert or a gift certificate to a local restaurant, sweepstakes are an excellent way to get more traffic onto your social media accounts.
Social media platforms are one of the most powerful tools readily available to you. As a real estate agent, you can use it to connect with potential buyers, generate leads and raise brand awareness. Be sure to take advantage of the tools at your disposal in order to raise brand awareness and ultimately increase your business in the process.