Yes we finally sold our home and are out of attorney review after: 100+ days on the market, 2 price reductions and a price 5% below ask. This was one wild ride, but we are now officially STRONG buyers with a contract in hand, pre-approved and ready to find our new home. I thought it would be interesting to share our selection process for finding our seller’s agent as it turned out to be very critical in our house selling at all in these economically challenging times.
Below are the 10 Web marketing-related questions we asked prospective listing agents when we put our house up for sale:
2. Will you be doing video or an interactive floor plan tour?
3. What is your natural search ranking for our city/town and county?
4. What local keywords are you buying?
5. Do you have a blog? If so, will you be blogging about my listing?
6. Do you have a blackberry or similar device that can send and receive emails?
7. Will my listing have its own Web site?
8. Do you do any outbound email marketing? If so, how do you source email addresses from areas that are most inclined to move to our town for prospective buyers who have families or are looking to start one?
9. What social media/networking sites/tools do you use to prospect?
10. Will you send me automated MLS listings in my price range and area so I can track the competition?
To say we went through a number of agents to get the right answers would be an understatement. In this market you need ensure you have every competitive advantage possible. I wanted our home to receive maximum marketing visibility and make sure our broker was attentive and responsive.
How many questions could you answer “YES”?